So my favorite (chocolate) advent calendar, made by none other than Thomas Haas himself, counts down the days to Christmas and there are 25 lil boxes with a treat behind each door. My 30th birthday is now 23days away and an advent countdown is feelin’ appropriate. 30 may be the new 40 (or the 20?) or the new black, I’m not totally sure. However, what I will tell you is that turning 30 is feelin’ MIGHTY fine to me! I’ve always believed birthdays are special days to be celebrated and this one is feeling especially special.
Here she goes – the 23 things that will happen before my 30th birthday – not quite chocos behind a door and of course, in no particular order will they be crossed off the list:
1. Pay all of my parking tickets, with feelings of abundance and obietiance to obey the law for the next 30yrs of my life, at least.
2. Book a date at the Float House
3. Launch “Mo’BettahTogether” with Fletchy!
4. Book an appt at Inner Garden Health
5. Run in Central Park with Davey
6. Send out massive gratitude for partners/sponsors of my sweaty life and the pursuit of the Ironman dream.
7. Start my cabin savings account – cabin living makes my heart waaay too happy to not deserve it’s very own savings account. #investinlove
8. Closets-be-purged…fall cleaning for spring beaming
9. Purchase art for my bedroom. And then hang it.
10. Plan my fall sweaty pursuits & corresponding start lines.
11. Book a dentist appt (step 1: find a new dentist!)
12. Create the re-brand of stephcorker online & offline with Wharty. #2013goal
13. Learn how to be a functioning-inbox-at-zero human being. Two of my favorite people: Matt Corker & Joe Granato are highly functional beings at this skill! #feelsambitious #soworthit
14. Get photographs printed of people/places/finish lines that make me smile. #offlinesmiles
15. Make an appt with my money man – time to get real about my dollars & sense.
16. Purchase a new bikini (just to be ready for the next beach vacay!)
17. Polish jewelery – it might sound silly but it is obviously not done often enough in my world.
18. Get stripped – it always scares the heck outta me yet so worth it.
19. Complete final version of a book draft with my partner in crime, AD! #woah
20. Connect with Chef Viv on getting seriously healthy for serious athletes! (Workshops may follow)
21. Make one big, hairy, juicy request that will change the course of how I spend my days in 2014. #gulp
22. Book a fall European adventure, Paris included, with my Man. #nowordsforexcitement #magic
23. Oh, and last but not least…plan my friggen birfday party! There are friends from everywhere who I can’t wait to celebrate with:)
For fun, I looked back to see what my 29th birthday looked like. I woke up to this view:
I rode to the top of this with my new MauiMates:
I had this for dinner:
29, you have been absolutely nothing shy of perfectly awesome full of heaps of aloha & sweet love! #everydayonlygetsbetter