100 things I will do before I die….
Some may call it a Bucket List (apparently that is so 2012!), others a Buried Life List; I call it 100 things bigger than my goals (and admittedly, some are my goals!), the juiciest of my dreams list! And if I just put a by-when date beside them, they feel pretty real. #letsdoit
Qualify (+finish!) IM Hawaii KONA 2012, baby! #dreamscometrue.
2. Make two beautiful children: by 2018
3. Buy a one-way ticket to Hawaii: by 2017
4. Run a sub3:30 marathon: by 2014
5. Do a yoga class with my kids
6. Own a sunny destination family home – Hawaii would do nicely: by 2022
7. Take all Corkers/Watkins on an epic family (all expenses paid) vacay as a token of my gratitude
8. Attend my Mom’s wedding
9. Create my own empire where bliss is encouraged and passion grows on trees…one no one will be confined to a “Monday to Friday” lifestyle (read: meetings on surf boards?)
10. Make all Christmas presents by hand one year, with love of course
11. Hike Patagonia
12. European bike adventure – France or Italy please
13. Successfully grow a veggie garden – maybe an avocado tree too! Success will mean more than 3 ingredients for a salad come from the garden to the kitchen for dinner.
Kayak trip to the Broken Islands in BC – Summer 2011
15. Appear on the cover of Fast Company or Inc. magazine for Entrepreneur of the Year with Bro
16. Look into the eyes of my first born and be able to authentically tell him/her that they CAN do whatever they want in this world…because I’m living the dream!: by 2017
17. Make my own dishware/mugs/ serving bowls by hand on a pottery wheel…and be okay with their beautiful imperfection
18. Take my family on a missions trip to a 3rd world country
Own a speedy road bike – August 2011, Cervelo the Bello’s got speed!
20. Own (read: no mortgage) a modest home with a view of possibilities in Vancouver, BC. It will forever be considered home base.
21. Drink a cappuccino in Paris with my lover: by 2015
22. Own a Porty: by 2017
23. Sit front row when my Bro receives his first Noble Peace Prize – he’ll know I’m his biggest fan
24. Run a marathon on my 60th birthday: by October 2043
25. Attend a training camp in Arizona: by November 2013
Hike West Coast Trail or Juan de Fuca – Summer 2010
Weekend getaway to Portland, OR – Summer 2010 w/my homegirl JoJo Hudson!
28. Whisk my Mama away for a weekend spa getaway
29. Kick into handstand, muthertrucker
30. Cliff jump, naked
31. Receive a custom splish suit in the mail….and then swim in it, of course
32. Be apart of the lululemon women’s cycling team
Yoga retreat on the beach – November 2011, Maya Tulum #highlyrecommended
34. Invite a homeless person in for dinner
35. Visit Cork, Ireland
Hike Elffin Lakes, BC – in trail runners or snowshoes – both! #equallyawesome
37. Hollyhock Resort on Cortes Island
Have dinner with Seth Godin in NYC – NanoMBA was a life changing week with Seth, April 2010
39. Starfish throw down with Wharty
40. Swim 100×100’s, preggo: by 2016
41. Go on a date via a plane ride
42. Shake Anthony Robbins’ big lovely hands…or maybe just give him a hug
43. Spend a weekend on Savory Island, BC
Shag on the beach #aloha
45. Custom closet organizers, in every closet
46. Spend a week in the summer at Hornby Island, BC with lovers+friends+babies
47. Surprise my best girlfriends with a day trip to the spa
48. Eat an avocado with Jason Mraz from his farm
49. Read Atlas Shrugged
50. Say “Yes” to someone and make it change their life
Learn how to skate-ski well enough to skate…ski!: January 2013, what a mothahtruckin’workout!
Surprise a family at Christmas with dinner, anonymously – Christmas 2010 with Karen Kwan
53. Meet Leo of ZenHabits in San Fran for coffee (organic + fare trade of course)
Find a great reason to visit Colorado: rocked a Life in Luon event at the Boulder store, March 2013 #radical #everyoneisayippie!
55. Create personalized stationery….mostly for thank you cards: by October 2013
56. The Artist’s Way
57. Prance in a bikini at 40 along the beach with my husband…and still wanna jump each other’s bones: by October 2033
58. Hire a personal shopper for just one day (an ability to splurge at Anthropologie would be an added bonus!)
59. Jam in a drum circle (outside)
60. Bathroom full of Aveda products
61. Experience Christmas morning on the beach with mimosa’s + flip flops
62. Earn my first $1,000,000 before I’m 40: by 2033
63. Live within close proximity to my Bro, always – our kids will be best friends
64. Have my website crash from too many views
65. Invite Sheryl Crow + her adorable lil monkeys over for dinner
Coffee in Fort Langley, BC – cutest lil town, perfect place for a bike ride
67. Go for a ride with The Corbinator…success will be able to keep up
Own a pair of Hunters – Thanks DLP, xo
69. Teach my kids how to swim
Cheer for my Mom in her first marathon! It will be a walk of victory in so many ways for her. She rocked the Vancouver Marathon like a Champion!
71. Hike up a mountain with my Dad. Anywhere, any size. Just make it to the top for a pic with “thumbs up” – so totally appropro – and frame it.
72. Keep a jade plant alive long enough that I am able to cut branches and give them away to friends …this isn’t workin’ out so well. Perhaps i just need to buy a really old jade!
73. Stay in a hut over the water in Bali
74. <<open to possibility>>
75. Hire a Nanny and help him/her live their wildest dream when they are done with us.
Meet Asher Maan for a spontaneous getaway somewhere in the world. China 2011, #epic
Own beautiful matching luggage.I own fabulous Delsey luggage, that will get used until it is worn out. #luggageisreplaceable.
78. Sponsor a child in Africa/ South America as a family that the kids consider their sibling
Learn acro-yoga Oh Yes! Base+Flyin’, oh my! Feb 2013
80. Create a home office courtesy of Pottery Barn (I see a large white desk with cupboards + drawers, oh my!)
81. Commission Katy Chan to design + create kitchen linens (with bicycles perhaps!)
Own a LeCruset pie plate Christmas 2010; my favorite
83. Take the mic at TED with Bro – rock the stage sharing our story on generating smiles.
84. <<open to possibility>>
Winter storm watching weekend in Tofino – Remembrance Day 2010, awesome.
86. Attend Bro’s wedding with the biggest smile ever and be humbled by the love in the air!
87. Icecream cones (Kawartha Dairy!) in Ontario cottage country, with my Dad + his boat, my man + our kids…it is hands down one of my fondest childhood memories that the next generation simply must experience.
88. Host a totally radical 30th birthday, it might include Cafe Gratitude, vibrating juice, yoga + Franti: by October 2013
89. Create a Yoga/Sport/Awesomeness Retreat Center in Hawaii with my Best Friend (i’ll make smoothies)
90. Buy a piece of art and pay the artist what I think it is worth…which will obviously be significantly more than what it is priced at
91. Have a 50th wedding anniversary: by 2065
92. Learn how to *actually* surf
93. Go on a SUP adventure – tents included…or maybe a spa!
94. Give birth naturally #crazy: by 2017
95. Appear in a commercial (wait…who watches TV?!)
96. Hire a boat to go fishing off the coast of Vancouver Island and not come home skunk’d! #salmonorbust
97. Deliver a random act of kindness everyday for a year…take note of the feeling that goes along with it
98. Visit Bhutan – i hear it is the happiest place on the planet
99. Plan my funeral (all details included like a yoga class + ice cream cones!): by 2013
100. Live simply; simply live…a really blissful, sweaty, full o’love life. The end.
Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans. -John Lennon