Just last week when looking at apartments with my Bro, the Property Manager looked at us and asked us how old we were. Before either of us could respond, he looked at Matt and suggested “are you 24?” and glanced at me and said “and you’re 22″. I smiled and said “it must be the yoga”. Because as I celebrate another rotation around the sun, I realize I’ve never been more comfortable being 29, looking like I’m 22 and dreaming like I’m 12!
29 things I believe to be true today…
- I believe in second chances.
- I believe that the impossible is possible as soon as you say it is.
- I believe we are more than we give ourselves credit for.
- I believe that at the heart of every single one of us, we all crave the same thing: to love + be loved; I believe in big juicy love!
- I believe that at the end of my life, I will have experienced great adventures (and hopefully not skin cancer!) with remarkable people.
- I believe it is our responsibility to drink greens, daily.
- I believe it is our obligation to support local farmers and be kind to mother earth.
- I believe that Maui is a sacred island and a very special place in this world.
9. I believe it is a gift to uncover your purpose and a blessing to live it daily.
10. I believe that everything is recoverable.
11. I believe that we show up in the world as a direct reflection of what we think when we look at ourselves in the mirror.
12. I believe in saying sorry, thank you and I love you, often …and really meaning it.
13. I believe in the power of being a woman in this world…saucy, sexy + really darn fabulous!
14. I believe that at the dawn of every new day there is a memory waiting to be made.
15. I believe that communication is in fact complicated and deserves special care.
16. I believe that age is merely a digit and it’s never too late, you are never too young or old, ever.
17. I believe in holding hands.
18. I believe that family is a cherished gift that we don’t choose yet we get to experience.
19. I believe that your craziest dreams can (and will!) come true, in this lifetime.
20. I believe that money is not the currency of happiness.
21. I believe in elevated heart beats to expand your mind, not your body.
22. I believe in friendship. (editor’s note: I acknowledge I have been a shotty friend – hopefully my soul sistahs believe in #1!)
23. I believe that society has made it okay to be mediocre and we all could use a few more unreasonable requests in our lives.
24. I believe that we can have it all – we must be clear on defining what “it all” means to us.
25. I believe in the law of attraction; there are no accidents or coincidences.
26. I believe that this life is finite and putting anything off should always be avoided.
27. I believe that there is no such thing as too much of a good thing (avocados + apple bananas included!).
28. I believe that children are our future and I hope one day I will have a lil nugget like this sweet pea: